Manager, Advertising Products — Bell Media
|Position||Type||Company||Location||Posted On||Interested?||Manager, Advertising Products||Full Time||Bell Media||Toronto or Montreal||Jul 5, 2021||Apply Now|
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
The Manager, Advertising Products will play a key role in building Bell Media’s overall advertising product strategy with the goal of significantly scaling Bell Media’s ad inventory and revenue capabilities. The successful candidate will be a collaborative product leader with deep knowledge of adtech and the programmatic ecosystem and will be responsible for advertising product strategy and execution across all of Bell Media’s products and platforms (Video, Audio and OOH), managing the transition from traditional to digital inventory and our addressable advertising initiative. This role will report to the Sr Manager, Advertising Products and will work closely with our ad sales & operations, content platforms, and revenue management teams in order to execute our aggressive strategy for growth.
- Leverage your strong knowledge of publisher ad tech, the advertising media ecosystem, the ad buyer perspective, and the consumer decision journey to deliver on ad product strategy and roadmap
- Deliver projects and products from end-to-end, employing agile tactics to keep momentum and influence progress
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process across multiple domains – Supporting business case development, and prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of cross-functional teams
- Work with Ad Product team colleagues to translate the product roadmap into user stories and development requirements
- Manage project schedule & cost, and engage in reporting to the appropriate PMO and Finance stakeholders as required
- Take responsibility for the quality of design and implementation; identifying risks and issues, effectively managing them and communicating them to stakeholders
- Ensure all ad delivery products are built and/or integrated to an appropriate level of quality for the end users
- Champion Bell Media’s Addressable Advertising program and drive execution across Bell and Bell Media
- Drive advertising innovation by leveraging data and media inventory to create incremental value for Bell Media properties
- Identify key industry, competitive, and technology trends and communicate strategic implications to product teams.
- Lead communication with key stakeholders, exhibiting comfort in detailed engineering discussions as well as open conversations with customers
- Define success metrics, measure, and iterate based on stakeholder feedback
- University degree in business, engineering, or computer science, with a strong technical and analytical background
- 5+ years product management experience with leading teams to develop, deploy and launch complex technology driven products
- Experience managing technical projects from ideation to implementation (PMP certification is an asset)
- Strong fundamental understanding of ad serving architecture and formats, RTB auction dynamics, and programmatic buying/selling mechanisms
- Experience with advertising technologies (Ad server, DSP, SSP, OMS) and other ad technology, campaign planning, or data management platforms.
- Experience working in an agile build environment. Understands the fundamentals of agile / scrum based iterative product development, including user story development, backlog grooming, managing velocity, and establishing metrics of success
- Basic HTML, JS, XML, SQL or other programming language experience is a plus
- Deliver results in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment that requires the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without compromising quality
- Comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrates strong ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience in working directly with senior stakeholders and leadership
- Proactive problem solver, highly curious, results oriented, with a passion for learning
- Bilingualism (English/French) considered an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.